TESTPREP EXPERTS helps rising juniors prepare for the October PSAT and the November or December SAT. High scores on the PSAT qualify students for National Merit Commendations or Scholarships. SAT scores are used for admission to most major colleges and universities and as a basis for awarding merit-based scholarships. Our individual tutoring sessions and small group classes prepare students for both tests at once–a unique tutoring approach developed by our company.
Individual tutoring and classes offer the following features:
- Preparation for both the PSAT and SAT
- In-depth practice on the skills tested by PSAT and SAT with a particular focus on test-taking strategies
- Complete strategies and reviews for the following skill areas: mathematics problem solving, arithmetic, algebra, geometry, vocabulary building, standard written English basics, and critical reading
- Three full-length practice PSATs or SATs
- Weekly homework assignments that help strengthen weak areas and build confidence
Small Group Classes
TESTPREP EXPERTS offers small group classes (usually 6-10 students) that prepare students for both the PSAT and the SAT. The course meets for ten hour-and-a-half weekly sessions. Weekly meetings are supplemented by three-hour-long practice test sessions, usually on weekends. The total preparation time is 25 hours.
- Cost: $600 (includes all materials)
- Flexible make-ups: If a student misses a class or has a scheduling conflict, he or she may attend one of the other classes.
TESTPREP EXPERTS offers individual tutoring packages. Expect the most in-depth preparation and the highest score gains from these 25 hours of tutoring. The package includes:
- Initial student/parent conference to discuss a student’s previous testing experience and college plans
- Either ten or fifteen one-hour individual tutoring sessions that provide in-depth practice on the skills tested by the PSAT and SAT, including test-taking strategies, math reviews, and vocabulary building
- Three full-length practice test sessions designed to gauge a student’s progress at regular intervals
- Final student/parent conference to discuss PSAT and SAT results
Class fee is $600 (includes all materials). Class size is approximately 5-7 students.