ACT and SAT Information
TESTPREP EXPERTS helps students prepare for both the ACT and the SAT. Colleges use ACT and SAT scores, along with GPA, to determine admissions and scholarships. Our individual tutoring sessions and small group classes prepare students for both of these important college admissions tests at once–a unique tutoring approach developed by our company.
Individual tutoring and classes offer the following features:
- Preparation for both the ACT and SAT (or a focus on just one test with some classes)
- In-depth practice on the skills tested by ACT and SAT with a particular focus on test-taking strategies
- Complete strategies and reviews for the following skill areas: mathematics problem solving, arithmetic, algebra, geometry, trigonometry, vocabulary building, standard written English basics, scientific reasoning skills, and reading comprehension
- Three full-length practice ACTs or SATs
- Weekly homework assignments that help strengthen weak areas and build confidence
Small Group Classes
TESTPREP EXPERTS offers small group classes (usually 6-10 students) that prepare students for either the ACT or the SAT. The course meets for ten hour-and-a-half weekly sessions. Weekly meetings are supplemented by three-hour-long practice test sessions, usually on weekends. The total preparation time is 25 hours.
- Cost: $600 (includes all materials)
- Flexible make-ups: If a student misses a class or has a scheduling conflict, he or she may attend one of the other classes.
TESTPREP EXPERTS offers individual tutoring packages. Expect the most in-depth preparation and the highest score gains from these 25 hours of tutoring. The package includes:
- Initial student/parent conference to discuss a student’s previous testing experience and college plans
- Either ten or fifteen one-hour individual tutoring sessions that provide in-depth practice on the skills tested by the SAT and ACT, including test-taking strategies, math reviews, and vocabulary building
- Three full-length practice test sessions designed to gauge a student’s progress at regular intervals
- Final student/parent conference to discuss SAT and ACT results